20 novembro 2008

Angel

If I saw a butterfly,
with wings wide open
floating in the air...
like seeing you passing by
with your sweet green eyes
making me swear
that if I had a chance
I would not miss it,
that if I had your lips
they would've been kissed!
I think that no... I wouldn't swear!
I would have waited
and let her free
to choose the best time
to come to me.
But, see, this butterfly...
your're not like her.
I see more colors in your delicate skin
I see more truth in your human sins
...and I see a sun that isn't fair.
'Cause it goes down, and you'll be gone.
Tomorrow night I'll be alone
- no butterly to dance to me!
So, time is running, and I can't wait.
And even thought with foolish faith,
I have to try to catch your flight,
in kisses, pictures, 'round my arms...
I have to try to hold you tight,
at least to think that I can hide
the sun from time,
the time from you
...and freeze your wings.

-- Joao Otero nov-2008 --